Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Big "C" - Closing Day!!

This past weekend was filled with activity for us but mostly packing and organizing.  We were overwhelmed with just the thought of packing up our apartment, but found once we started it moved pretty quickly.  There's still lots to pack, but we've definitely made progress.  We also finalized utilities, the movers and the mortgage/down payment stuff.  Sunday we got a little house teaser - we did a final walk-through and I fell in love all over again with the house.  It was pretty hard to leave that evening without our keys!

Sunday night I was so excited about closing on Monday that I couldn't sleep.  Okay, not really.  I couldn't sleep because I worked the overnight shift.  But I decided that I probably wouldn't have slept very well anyway, so might as well get paid, right? :)

Once off work Monday morning, Corey and I headed into the title company office and signed away our life to the various entities handling our home.  After what seemed like a hundred signatures, dates, initials, our realtor handed us the key.  In all honesty, it was pretty anti-climactic.  I was expecting confetti and balloons raining down from the ceiling with trumpets heralding our big moment.  Perhaps that's a bit of a stretch, but it wasn't at all how I expected.  I blame it on the fact that from the title company Corey headed off to work and I went back to the apartment and promptly fell asleep.

We did meet up at the house last night to drop a few things off and introduce Lacey to her new home.  She wasn't quite sure what to make of it because there was nothing in the house.  After some sniffing she started running around and quickly explored every nook and cranny.  She also made herself comfortable with the backyard, which I'm pretty sure she's gonna love!

What is this place?

Now that we have the house we can't wait to start putting our own touches on it with paint, light fixtures and eventually furniture, decor, pictures...you get the idea.  And now I can start officially planning our housewarming party - hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment