Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Pie Filled with Love

As I've previously said, I'm a little obsessed with food blogs.  A few days ago I read a post on my google reader from Brown Eyed Baker and almost cried.  Then I read this post and found myself in tears.  A food blogger lost her young husband (and the father to her 2 young children) suddenly to a heart attack one week ago.  She had been meaning to make his favorite pie but kept putting it off.  She asked that everyone remember her husband by making this peanut butter pie and sharing it with loved ones.  Although she's a complete stranger to me, I was moved by her post and her personal tragedy.  Corey and I have only been married for 3 years, but I can't imagine my life without him.  If he was taken from me tomorrow I don't know what I'd do.  

We had Corey's sister, her husband and their beautiful daughter over for dinner last night and I knew I had to make this pie.  We shared it, marveled over its delicious rich flavor and in my heart I said a prayer for Jennie, her daughters and the rest of their family and friends trying to adjust to a life without Mikey.

Take a minute to tell your loved ones how important they are to you because tomorrow is not a guarantee.  


No comments:

Post a Comment