Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bubba Corey

Our TX niece (the only grandchild on my husband's side of the family) is a handful.  We missed out on almost her first 2 years of life when living on the East Coast.  She came into the world in a scary and dramatic way (was born far too early), but has been quite the fighter.  Now she's 2 1/2 and a bundle of energy and joy.


We can't put into words how much fun we've had being around her the last several months and watching her grow up.  And the best part?  She's become quite attached to her uncle Corey.  Over the past couple months she's taken to calling him "Bubba."  We aren't completely sure where she got the name, but that's what she's decided to call him.  Last night we were out to dinner with the princess (and her parents and grandpa) and she decided to start calling him "Bubba Corey."  We couldn't stop laughing, so of course, she continued calling him that.

We have so much fun spending time with her.  I enjoy it because I don't get to see my nieces very often. They live on the coasts and we're here in the middle of the country.  Watching her grow up makes it easier for me to be away from my other girls.  Also, she's so much fun to watch.  She's hilarious and makes for great entertainment.  And each time we see her she's grown so much!  It's amazing how quickly she's developing a personality and a vocabulary.  Finally, I love watching Corey with her.  He lights up when he sees her and totally morphs into a different person.  I see how he acts with her and can see how he'll be with our future children - it warms my heart.

She's just one of the reasons we're loving living in TX again.


The love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment