Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back to Blogging

So, as you can tell, I've taken a bit of a hiatus from posting. I had started the blog as a way to document my journey through PA school and keep people back home up to date. Since we've moved back and I've graduated, I figured I didn't have much to blog about. But then I realized, I have SO much to blog about - life is only getting busier and more exciting! So here's a quick run-down of what you've missed: I graduated, got my dream job, passed my certifying exam, went to Europe, went to AZ and CA, and now am waiting to start said dream job. Okay, now you're all caught up! Just kidding.

In August, I headed back to DC to take my final exam and participate in the White Coat Ceremony (our actual graduation). My parents, Corey's dad & stepmom and Corey were all able to be there, so I was a happy girl! It was a great weekend of celebrating and as always, ended far too soon.

The week prior to graduation, I had a second interview for a job in a pediatric ER in the area. The interview process took all day, included interviewing with a group of PAs and NPs, 3 separate ER physicians, the HR manager and a manager from the NICU. It lasted from 9am til 5pm and was exhausting! But I fell in love with the hospital and couldn't wait to hear back. So, after returning from the short trip to DC I waited anxiously for a call...and waited...and waited. Finally, 2 weeks after the interview I got the phone call I had been waiting for! They were extending me an offer with a great salary attached - I couldn't believe it! First job out of school and I land a position I could only dream of. I hung up with my future manager, did a little dance around the apartment and quickly got to calling people. It was just like the day I got the acceptance e-mail from GW's PA program. Pure, utter joy!

A week or so later, I took my certifying exam. It was a little crazy getting to the testing site as the area was being hit by the remnants of a tropical storm. My poor car made it through some pretty deep water, though and got me there safely. After 4 hours, I finished, went home and immediately started stressing out about whether or not I passed. Luckily, I only had to wait until the next morning to find out that, not only did I pass, I kicked that test's behind! It was such a relief and accomplishment at the same time. The next week I had to take one last test about the laws governing PAs in the state and easily passed that one.

Now that all the testing/school/job stuff was out of the way it was finally time for our long anticipated trip to Switzerland, Germany, Austria and the UK. Stay tuned...


1 comment: